Oct 11, 2012

The Day Abby Has Been Waiting For!

On Tuesday, September 4th Abby had her very first day of school. She was SO excited!


It took Jim and I quite some time to find the right preschool for Abby; who knew it was so hard. We wanted to make sure that we found a preschool that felt like a school not a daycare. After quite a few tours we found The Early Learning Center at Glen Mar Methodist Church. The church received a grant to build the learning center so, because of the grant, they school must stay nonsecular. This year Abby will be going to school on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

Jim was able to go into work late on Tuesday so, we were all able to take Abby to school for her first day.



I have known for a while that Abby was ready for school but, on her first day she really impressed me. My big girl walked into that class room with so much confidence...she gave me a kiss and never looked back!

Kera, on the other hand, was not so happy to see her big sister go. Kera is so used to having her sister with her always that she had a very sad day. We saw quite a few crying fits where Kera was wondering where "Abba" was. I am happy to report, that after a few weeks, Kera and I having a much easier time with Abby's Tuesday/Thursday mornings away.

No comments: