On Tuesday, September 11th, Kera and I took Abby to school. Abby was very excited for school and again, ran into the classroom without telling us goodbye...stinker. After dropping Abby off Kera and I headed to the gym, our normal Tuesday activity. The trouble began when we went to pick Abby up from school.
Kera and I walked into Abby's class room and she was hiding from us. Then when I tried to get her to leave she started having a crying fit. Why the fit? She wanted to stay at school for lunch. I have the ONLY kid that cries when I try to pick her up.
Abby's school has an after class program called Lunch Bunch. At Lunch Bunch they stay at school for an extra hour and get to eat lunch with their school mates and then have some more playtime. We could have initially signed Abby up for Lunch Bunch but we decided not to because it cost more.
Abby could not stay for lunch that Tuesday, I didn't have a lunch for her but, Jim and I agreed that she could start Lunch Bunch the following Thursday. How could we tell her that she couldn't stay at school if she wanted to?
Here is a picture of Abby's new Barbie lunch bag and her very first school lunch...
...fishy crackers, watermelon, peanut butter and jelly sandwich (homemade bread and peanut butter), water, and a heart note.
No comments:
Post a Comment