Oct 22, 2012

Pepe and Burrs Come for a Visit, Part 2

On Monday, September 10th my parents and I ventured to Winchester, VA to visit some of our old neighbors, Tom and Jody. I had not seen Tom and Jody since I was 13 or 14 years old but, even though it has been decades since I had seen them, I was so excited. They lived next to me parents for several years and made a big impression on my life. Today Tom and Jody live on a beautiful horse farm and Abby and Kera were thrilled the moment they stepped foot on their property.


The first thing we did was visit George, the horse.


Abby loved feeding George carrots and cookies. Kera was a bit more tentative.

Next, it was time for a Abby to take a ride on the tractor....


I am not sure who had more fun Tom or Abby.

Kera was not ready for a tractor ride so, she hung out with Burrs and George.


After a great lunch and some time to run in the grass it was time to do a bit of fishing. Tom and Jody have a small pond on their property so, most of us walked down to the pond while Abby and Tom took the segway.


After a bit of trying...


...Abby finally caught one.

(There is a fish in this picture, I promise!)


After fishing it was time for the girls and I to head home. We left Pepe and Burrs with Tom and Jody. They spent the night with them and then went off on their own for a bit of touring before returning to us on Wednesday.

No comments: