Mar 20, 2012

So many people to see and so little time!

We found out about the move on 2/1 and we left Vegas on 2/26...even with this short time I wanted to try to keep things as normal for the girls as possible. So, we continued going to storytime on Mondays and Thursdays, dance on Tuesdays, and playgroup on Fridays but; I also wanted to make sure that we spent as much time with our friends as we could. We moved to Vegas when Abby was 9 months old and she has made a lot of special friends in the time so, I wanted to make sure we spent some quality time together. Besides packing up the house and my dad coming to town here are a few of the other things that kept us VERY busy!

On 2/3 we went to the Vegas "zoo" with our Friday playgroup. I say "zoo" because it is unlike and zoo I have been to before. It is very small and a bit sad but, I heard while we were there that other zoos send their animals to the Vegas "zoo" when they are nearing the end of their days. Even though it was not the best of zoos the girls loved seeing the animals!



For Superbowl we headed to a party, thank you Fore family! I think I only saw 3 plays in the entire game but, we had a great time. Abby and Kera loved the bounce house and playing with all the other kids.

On Friday night, 2/10, we headed out to our favorite sushi place in Vegas...SUSHI BOMB! We went with our friends, and neighbors, Megan & Darren plus their 2 kids Kyle & Carson. After dinner we headed back to our house for a night cap. Abby and Kyle always have so much fun together. When Abby talks about Kyle she always says, "Kyle is so silly".
Abby & Kyle watching Toystory
Kyle is always full of energy but we managed to wear him out!

On 2/11 we went to Rohan (4) and Banyan's (1) birthday party. Rohan and Banyan have been great friends and neighbors!  The party and the decorations were fantastic, jungle theme.
left to right: Maddie, Rohan, Kyle, & Abby

Abby, Rohan, & Kera


Kyle & Abby
On Presidents day the neighborhood threw us a going away party. I with I had pictures but, unfortunately I don't. Thank you everyone for the fun evening! You will all be missed!

On Thursday, 2/23 we tried a few times to get all of the neighborhood kids together for one last play date. Unfortunately, we were not all able to get us all together at one time but we still tried to get a group picture.
left to right: Rohan, Kyle, Abby, Banyan, & Kera
On the evening of 2/23 i got to head out for a few drinks with my friends Megan and Rebbecca. We headed to Red Rock Casino and when we got there we learned that it was free drink night, score!
Megan, Me, & Becca
The hardest part about moving is leaving people behind that you have shared memories with! We will be in Maryland for 18 months and I look forward to seeing our Vegas friends again in September 2013!

No comments: