Sep 13, 2015

In Town Adventures

On Saturday, July 18th we decided to go on an in town adventure to 99 Ranch. 99 Ranch is a local Asian market in China Town and I was excited to show the girls all the exotic ingredients they have there.


The girls were amazed by the giant jack fruit...


...and the other interesting ingredients...


...and live fish.
 


We all chose one interesting item to bring home and had a taste test later. We ended up will jack fruit, dragon fruit, and an Asian Mellon. Plus, we also let them choose a sweet treat.


The adventure was fun but the taste test...not a big success. Next time we will have to try some other of their delectable options.

On Sunday, July 19th I made the girls a special treat...


These were indeed the first mouse pancakes that I have made but I have no doubt that it will not be my last.  As you can imagine, the girls were huge fans!

On Sunday, the dogs and I had a great outing to the dog park...I think Ellie is really getting used to this place!


We also had our first EVER harvest from our lime tree that we planted  5+ years ago. We finally have limes and, it is more then we know what to do with!


For our last adventure of the weekend we went...ICE SKATING!!!!


It had been a while since we had been skating and we had a blast. Abby got onto the ice like a pro and Kera did a great job too.

This weekend was so much fun! I love weekends like is, full of family fun!

No comments: