Oct 5, 2014

Soccer Girl!

Kera, along with 2 other kids on her team, were asked to start practicing with the next age level up in soccer and last Wednesday was her first practice. Kera's original rug-rat team had kids on it that ranged in ages from not quite 2-4. With that age range Kera towered over most of her team so, it made since that she tried to play with kids that were more her size. Her coach coaches both teams so it made the transition a bit easier.

She did great at practice! She didn't necessarily always know what she was doing but she kept up the pace for the entire practice.

At the end of practice I asked the coach if Kera should still go to her normal rug-rat practice/game and he responded by asking if Kera could come play with the rug-rats (10:40) and with the older group (12:00). I knew this would be a lot for Kera but, I said that we would give it a try.

Kera did great during her rug-rat practice/game and tried her hardest during her second game but, as I suspected, I had a very tired girl on my hands. At one point during the game Kera was walking in the middle of the field playing with her pigtails. I had to reminder to go run.

Here are a few pictures I took at her second game...





I was a bit worried that Kera might have had too much and not want to play soccer again but, she is more than ready for her next practice on Wednesday!

GO KERA GO!

No comments: