Dec 21, 2010

Christmas Tree O' Christmas Tree

Even though this is the second Christmas season we have lived in Vegas; this is the first year that we have gone hunting for a Christmas tree. Last year we didn't get a tree because we spend Christmas in Seattle. I looked online in hopes of finding a Christmas tree lot that was not set-up in a parking lot and I found was McKee Ranch. From the pictures online it appeared to have some potential. When we got there it was not completely what I expected but it definitely was an experience. The "ranch" was located right of the freeway and was much smaller than I was expecting but they did have a lot of fun animals and Christmas trees from Oregon. Here are some pictures from the ranch...




We ended up founding a beautiful tree from Oregon...


At the "ranch" Abby rode a rocking horse...

...and then a REAL horse...

I thought she would be afraid but she loved it!

After the "ranch" we took the tree home and then Jim put up the lights...

...then Abby helped me to decorate...

Even thought the"ranch" was not what I was expecting it was a great way to start out our holiday season.


No comments: