"Arbor Day (April 24) is the United States' first environmental holiday. It is the one holiday dedicated to celebrating trees."
Joy Morton who was the founder of the Morton Salt Company, dedicated his estate land to create Morton Arboretum. The arboretum lets people in free on Arbor day because Arbor day was created by Joy Morton's father in 1872.
Friday was a beautiful day; it was the first 80 degree day that we have had this year. Due to the nice weather and the free admission the arboretum was packed!! My mom and I have never see so many strollers in one place at one time! The arboretum is so big though that my mom and I were able to get away from the crowds and enjoy a nice walk.
While mom and I were at the arboretum dad was busy working on his dad-to-do-list. I had a few projects that I wanted dad's help with. One of the items on the list was building some rocking deck chairs. My parents have these chairs at home and the are my favorite.
Saturday evening my dad's cousin Joanne came over for dinner. It is always a pleasure to visit with cousin Joanne.
On Monday I took my parents to story time at the library. Abby and I have been going to story time twice a week for a while and it was fun to bring my parents along. Dad decided that he would spend some quiet time alone in the library but mom came to the class with me.
Also on Monday we did a bit of walking around downtown Naperville...when the weather allowed...it was a very rainy day. We did stop into a place for some frozen yogurt. Here is a picture of Grandpa Suhler's girls at the yogurt shop...
On another topic, today Abby is 3 months old and we are amazed by how time flies and how much she has grown. Here are a couple of new pictures of our 3 month old...sitting up! She is being propped-up of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment