Aug 17, 2008

Mom Comes for a Visit

On July 31st mom came to town for a long weekend we had a great time, here are some of the highlights.

On Friday night we headed to downtown Naperville where we walked the riverwalk. After living in Naperville for 2 years, this was the first time that I had been on the riverwalk and it was very nice. Naperville has a nice stream running through it and it has a great path that that follows it though out the city.

After the riverwalk, we headed for a few drinks at one of our favorite placed, Quigley's.

On Saturday morning mom and I when to the Wheaton, IL French Market. This is one of the best Saturday markets that I have been to in this area. There was a lot of great fruit and vegetables, arts and crafts, and some other great goodies. I will definitely be going back to this market!



After the market, we went to Morton's Arboretum. The Morton's Arboretum is an amazing 1,700 aces with great trails and beautiful gardens without. They even have a labyrinth!! I was very excited; I have been itching to go through a labyrinth for many years! I have wanted to go through a labyrinth ever since I saw the move Labyrinth featuring Jim Henson's muppets and Billy Idol. I know what you are thinking...classic paring and...you are right! This is still one of my favorite movies.

Here are some of the other beautiful sites at the Arboretum...


Saturday night we headed to Walter Payton's Roundhouse for a night of comedy and friends. There where 13 of us that met for the night out and we it was a blast and the comics were mostly funny. My favorite guy was 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Mexican and man did he really play that us, he was great!

On Sunday we went to watch Jim play soccer, they won and scored a couple goals...he must have been trying to impress mom.


Sunday night we had our cousin Joanne over for dinner, it is always wonderful to see her.
Mom was supposed to leave Monday morning but in true Chicago fashion, her flight was canceled. This equals the second time in a row that mom's flight was canceled when she was trying to leave Chicago. It ends up that the cancellation was for a good reason, we had a wallop of a store Monday night. The storms were so bad there was actually a tornado that touched down in the town just south of us...SCARY.

Mom was able to get home on Tuesday and I can wait to see here and dad here for Christmas.

No comments: